Advent Day 11: A.J Fikry


THE COLLECTED WORKS OF A.J FIKRY by Gabrielle Zevin.

I knew as soon as I read this that it would end up being one of my books of the year.

It's a lovely tale of a widowed bookshop owner and a rep he falls in love with. How many novels have I read this year that have bookshops as their settings..? Deborah Meyler, Melissa Hill... I've loved each of them, but this one is the one I hope to make time to reread. (I've already bought it twice for presents and that's always a good sign.)

Here's what I said back in March...

"This is slightly hip and quirky literary fiction – but about characters we actually care about and with a great deal happening. But it’s also about fiction itself, and poses big, big questions and it’s unashamedly about love, loss and second chances – and it’s got a couple of good mystery plots winding through there, too."



Comments