the reading pile



Here's the current reading pile in my study. As you can tell, I'm starting off a memey thing with this... and soon everyone will be posting pics of their current TBR shelf. Up to 15 books, i'd say - so do plenty of winnowing. And include a small, stuffed friend, too. On Facebook you can make it your cover pic. I LOVE looking at people's TBR shelves. Even more than I do shelves of what they've already read. If I go to somebody's house it's the first thing I look at.

From the pic I guess you can tell I'm doing a whole load of comfort reading. There are four rereads on my shelf - I'm looking forward to going back to David Eddings, David Sedaris and that slim 1970s Anne Tyler novel. And there are nine series books (nine!) as well as standalones by favourite authors.

This is real Beach House reading stuff... except the weather isn't *quite* there yet for days spent outdoors. The magnolia blossom is showing, and the cherry, and the horse chestnut is sprouting green. I'm not sure yet what it's going to be like at the bottom of the garden, reading by myself. I've never had to do that for a long time. I'm so used to being a cat-rest.


Comments

  1. Here's my effort Paul, optional soft toy friend included.

    http://danieltessier.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/the-to-be-read-pile.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine's here ...

    http://sal-cobbledtogether.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/my-tbr-pile.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment