Sunny Afternoons are for messing with paint



I've had this water colour set since I was fourteen! My Mam gave me it for my birthday back then, and it's still in use. It goes with me just about everywhere. Yesterday was blazing hot again - another day spent in the garden with my laptop, doing my daily words; novels and notebooks - and all the stuff  needed for messing about with paint. I've always loved those afternoons in summer when it's so hot the water colours dry in an instant - you can watch the colours lightening right in front of you.

Fester was dozing right next to me, of course, most the day.


Comments

  1. Messy paintboxes are gorgeous in themselves. They should have a gallery devoted to them. There were a few old paintboxes in the Tate's Watercolour exhibition last year and everyone was oohing over the antique ones and ahhing over the ones they'd had...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment